Andrew Jewell is a Professor of Digital Projects at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Libraries and the editor of the Willa Cather Archive (cather.unl.edu). Andy has published several essays on Willa Cather and other American writers, scholarly editing, and digital humanities. He is co-editor of the book The American Literature Scholar in the Digital Age (University of Michigan Press, 2011) and has edited, with Janis P. Stout, The Selected Letters of Willa Cather (Knopf, 2013). He is currently co-editor and project director for the digital, scholarly edition The Complete Letters of Willa Cather, to be completed in 2020. He also serves as co-editor of the open-access, digital journal Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing.
- Ph D, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2004
- MA, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1999
- BA, Hastings College, 1997
icon-documentPublications and Other Intellectual Contributions
- Selected Letters of Willa Cather
- The American Literature Scholar in the Digital Age
- The Work of Willa Cather: Creation, Design, and Reception, October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2013
- Complete Letters of Willa Cather: A Digital Scholarly Edition
- Teaching Digital History Through the University Archives: The Case of Nebraska U: A Collaborative History., Teaching Digital History Through the University Archives: The Case of Nebraska U: A Collaborative History. , Past is Portal: Teaching Undergraduates Using Special Collections and Archives.
- "Editors' Introduction to the First Issue of Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing." , Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing.
- “Chocolate, Cannibalism, and Gastronomical Meaning in Shadows on the Rock.”
- “’Counted Out at Last’: Text Analysis on the Willa Cather Archive” , The American Literature Scholar in the Digital Age
- Mapping a Writer's World: A Geographic Chronology of Willa Cather's Life, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2009
- Willa Cather’s Greenwich Village: New Contexts for ‘Coming, Aphrodite!’, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2004
icon-business-chartResearch & Grants
- Complete Letters of Cather, Natl Endowment for Humanities, October 2014
- The Crowded Page, National Endowment for the Humanities, September 2008
- Cather Geographic Chronology, Ne Humanities Council, April 2007