Work Teachers College Hall (TEAC) 126
Lincoln NE 68588-0360
Work 402-472-3459 On-campus 2-3459
My teaching career began in 1975 in the public school setting and in 1983, my administrative career in public schools began. I left the principalship in 2011 after 28 years of service in public schools in Nebraska and Kansas. At that time, I became an Associate Professor of Practice at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.


  • EDD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1991
  • Other, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1985
  • Other, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1983
  • BA, Doane College, 1975


  • EDAD 852, SCH CULT&STDNT BEHVR, Fall 2011
  • EDAD 811, Practicum in Educational Administration and Supervision, Fall 2012
  • EDAD 893, Workshop Seminar; Eval Effect of Prof Dev, Fall 2012
  • EDAD 801, Cross-Cultural Leadership Studies, Fall 2014
  • EDAD 901, System-Level School Improvement, Fall 2015
  • EDAD 846A, Studies in Professional Development Leadership: Professional Learning Cultures, Spring 2015
  • EDAD 851, FACULTY&STAFF APPRASL, Spring 2012
  • EDAD 948, Instructional Leadership: Emerging Trends and Practices, Summer 2014
  • EDAD 903, ISSUES COMMUNITY REL, Summer 2012
  • EDAD 846J, Effective Professional Development: Roles and Responsibilities, Spring 2014


  • Networking With New Principals, Nebraska Council of School Administrators
  • The UNO-UNL Leadership Academy, NCPEA, Kansas City, MO

icon-bookmark-starAwards & Honors

  • CEHS Distinguished Teahing Award, UNL College of Education and Human Sciences, 2015
  • NCSA Distinguisehd Service Award, Nebraska Council of School Administartors, 2011
  • Jack Halstrom Friend of Education Award, Nebraska Council of School Administartors, 2005
  • David W. Hutcheson Award, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2002
  • Secondary Principal of the Year, Nebraska Council of School Administartors, 1996
  • Milken Family Foundation National Educator Award, Milken Family Foundaton, 1996
  • Teacher of Disctinction, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1987

Have a correction?

If you'd like to correct your own entry, contact your departmental HR liaison. For corrections to another person's contact information or yellow pages, use the form below.