I am an Assistant Professor, and the First-Year Experience/Learning Communities Librarian at University of Nebraska Libraries, where I work as the subject liaison librarian for the Department of Teacher Learning and Teacher Education and the Science Literacy Faculty. I also work closely with UNL Programs for English as a Second Language, teaching and preparing international students for college research. My research focuses on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Human Information Behavior and information experiences of first-year students . For the past three years, I have served as the primary consultant for the African Poetry Libraries, a project administered by the African Poetry Book Fund here at UNL.
- BS, University of West Indies, 1984
- MLIS, University of South Carolina, 1999
- Other, University of South Carolina, 2001
icon-documentPublications and Other Intellectual Contributions
- Mixing It Up: Teaching Information Literacy Concepts Through Difference 'Ways of Learning'
- Building a Scholarly Network in Learning Communities at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Innovative Solutions for Building Community in Academic Libraries
- Librarians Going Mobile: Applying 'Threshold Concepts' To the Design of E-Booklets for Library Instruction.
icon-business-chartResearch & Grants
- Institute for Research Design in Librarianship Scholar. Loyola Marymount University
- EIA Grant-Digital Booktalks, South Carolina Department of Education
- EIA Grant - Digital Portfolios World War I, South Carolina Department of Education
- Mixing It Up: Teaching Information Literacy Concepts Through Difference 'Ways of Learning', Pittsburg, PA
- Planning an Academic Welcome for First Year Students-a Library and First Year Experience Collaboration, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Inspiring African Poets: African Poetry Libraries, St. Louis, MO
- If You Built It, They Will Come: Community Libraries for Poetry, St Paul, MN
- Librarians Going Mobile: Applying 'Threshold Concepts' to the Design of E-Booklets for Library Instruction, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MI
- Artificial Intelligence: Transforming Reference, Informaation Today, Inc., Monterey, CA